Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Brown Bear Series: The Purple Cat


The Purple Cat is a fun little project and is similar to the square bear.  I started by cutting squares on the paper cutter for the face, then shreds of black for the whiskers, and triangles for the ears.  I showed the students how to glue cotton balls on the face and draw a cat's mouth.  At this point in our paper craft series I have taught the students how to gather their own materials instead of me passing them out.  This teaches them to follow multi-step directions and to take count of what they need.  I put the pieces for the cat at different areas in the room so each area does not get congested with students.  Some students get each piece at a time, while others are able to count and gather all their pieces at once. 


No comments:

Post a Comment