Friday, June 25, 2010

Waterpainting

One of the simplest and most requested outdoor activities is waterpainting. The first time I introduced this to my students, I was amazed at how exciting it was for them!  All you need is a sidewalk, paintbrushes, and a bucket of water. It is so exciting to see children marvel over something as simple as water creatively painted on dry concrete. Kids in this day and age are so hyperstimulated with technology, it's good to know they still desire the simple things if presented to them.

On this particular day I had sidewalk chalk in a separate area. It was the children's idea to mix the chalk drawing with the waterpainting and it was such a cool effect. Children are innately creative and are not afraid to experiment, I learn a lot from them!

waterpainting

No comments:

Post a Comment